Tuesday, January 6, 2015

How to Start a Successful Proofreading Business:

Catch the New Wave in the Kindle Revolution!

Copyright 2015 Gary Thaller


Introduction

How does a business start? Have you thought about starting a business? Have you thought about starting a proofreading business? Maybe you already started a proofreading business and want to learn more. Let’s start together by discussing the initial phases of business development.

What is a Dream?

Dreams are potential and dreams are a thought without action. They are like a rocket sitting on the launch pad that will not launch without ignition.

Dreams are the times we idly plan to do something, knowing we are not ready to act. Dreams are the times of logical research, false starts, “failures,” and quitting.

There is NO SUCH THING AS FAILURE. In the dream stage, failure or quitting means we decided not to pursue the dream – that’s all! I’ve written 51 eBooks and “failed” to write about 25 others.

Why did I fail? I never got the vision for the eBook! We MUST have a vision to succeed, and without a VISION, we shouldn’t start unless we enjoy not finishing.

What is a Vision?

When I have a vision, I can clearly see the end from the beginning. When I had the vision to start a professional proofreading business, all of a sudden the steps spread out in front of me. I could clearly see each step along the way, the advantages, the pitfalls, the trials and errors, the testing of theories, gathering clients, etc.

And now, we will share our visions together. I’ve been through this process many times, and when I have a vision, I KNOW I will be successful! And if you come along with me on this journey, you will KNOW you will be successful!

Recognizing a Vision

This is where I get excited, and hopefully some of it rubs off on you; I also hope some of your excitement rubs off on me!

First of all, how can we tell we have a vision? Oh, we can tell all right – when we have a vision, we can’t think of anything else. The vision dominates our thoughts and detonates ideas in our mind throughout the day.

Detonates ideas? What does this mean? It means our subconscious is excited! Somehow, through dreaming, we launched our dream rockets and they exploded into PASSIONATE DESIRE.

Guess what? When we have a passionate desire, it means our subconscious is working on a plan – we can’t stop it, it must happen – and suddenly, when we aren’t expecting it, our subconscious downloads a plan! Not an idea, not a partial plan, not more research, not more reading, not more discussing with others – our subconscious downloads a complete plan into our conscious mind!

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever been so excited about a project you couldn’t think of anything else? Have you ever seen the end from the beginning – what does “the end from the beginning” mean anyway?

Seeing the End from the Beginning

Many people attach a religious or mystical meaning to this phrase, but it is merely a basic concept. Let me give an example, as we do it every day without thinking about it.

Today, my son and I went to the grocery store. The end was groceries in the house. The beginning was a mental picture of groceries in the house. It was at the level of a vision because we could see the end from the beginning and we knew it would happen.

To get to the end from this beginning, all we had to do was fill in the blanks with actions.
My proofreading vision is so strong, that even though I haven’t yet built the complete business, I can see all the steps along the way. I KNOW, with certainty, that I will succeed.
By the end of this book we will both know WE can succeed together.


Conclusion

I’m excited, but perhaps you aren’t excited yet. After all, maybe you don’t have the vision fever yet. So, we will need to share information in our logical minds and maybe you will experience your own vision.

Let’s move on to the next step – can you guess what it is? I’ll tell you what my first guess was: writing a business plan. In fact, that was going to be the next chapter! But… I was wrong.


1 comment: