Monday, January 19, 2015

Take the Comma Challenge and Win a Free book!

The Challenge

First Two People to Score 100% get a Free Copy of my New Book

I've removed ALL the commas from the chapter below. Correctly place all the commas required near the word and, and I'll gift you a copy of my new book when it's released tomorrow.

Hint: Click Control-F to highlight the "ands."


Enter your answers in the comments by copying the word before and the word after the word and, including the correct comma placement.

Example: word and, including 

Chapter 2: Hire a Proofreader!

Introduction

We will have to show our future clients the value of hiring a proofreader. If we don’t hire a proofreader for our writing we will have no cre-di-bil-i-ty!

We should never ever under any circumstances try to sell a product we don’t use ourselves! What did I do today? I hired a proofreader for this book on www.fiverr.com!

Who to Hire

If you want to skip reading the rest of the book then hire me!
We both knew I was going to say that didn’t we? Why should you hire me?

First of all, you want to build a business don’t you? What better way is there to build a business than to follow another person’s business plan? Not anyone’s business plan but someone who tells you their business plan and shows it to you in action! It’s like buying a franchise for nothing! I will by example show you how I develop client relationships. You see this is my extra value for you!

What about Fiverr?

This is interesting. In a couple days my proofreader will know my “secrets.”
I searched for proofreaders and editors on www.fiverr.com and found one that proofreads 3000 words for $5.00 and promises 24-hour delivery. This is perfect for me as I can write 3000 words a day. Later we can discuss why this is important to me.
If the relationship works reasonably well then I’ll include a link to her gig. (It worked.) www.fiverr.com/midnightwriter

Note: We shouldn’t expect perfection from anyone. Besides, proofreading isn’t the key value a proofreader provides. That’s a mysterious concept isn’t it? At this point my proofreader may be scratching her head and wondering “What is the key value?” Isn’t the whole point of proofreading to eliminate mistakes?

Reducing errors is a minor side-effect. Yes I’m intentionally being cryptic so you will ask yourself “What is the crucial benefit we offer writers?”

Hiring a Friend

Try this once for free and it may work splendidly. Try it every day and you will lose a friend.

Conclusion

We must use our own product to be successful. Can you imagine selling cars if you didn’t drive? We learn by doing not by reading so if you’ve never hired a professional proofreader then now is the time isn’t it?


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gary. Just met you on Amazon, and I am enjoying reading your posts. Just a 'proofreading' heads-up: two of your links in this chapter-two post have PC-based targets rather than web-based.

    ReplyDelete